Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Unhurried Time : Gratitude Project Week 2


Do you ever start a project with great enthusiasm and then feel a sense of derailment or distraction soon after? 

That's where I've been this past week, or at least I thought that's where I was. This week, our family has been enjoying nights off together, Christmas-decor perusing through the stores and just a week of unhurried-ness. I have still been acknowledging gratitude, daily, but have been less inclined to type it out. I felt discouraged that I was already giving up on my gratitude project... but then, upon reflection (which is always recommended when discouragement sets in), I realized that is exactly what I am grateful for this week: unhurried time.

What a blessing that is! When I look back on my last few years of relationships, friendships and time spent with others, it's always the unhurried moments where I am the most content, and the ones that stand out most. The coffee date with my husband after our little one is in bed, a relaxing afternoon out shopping with my mom with no time limits or an evening in with friends, sitting around a table laughing, talking, sharing and just being "together". Those are the moments that are truly rich.

That quote that says "The best things in life aren't things" sure hit the nail on the head. 
The best things in life are the moments, and for me, the unhurried ones. 

I love simplicity. I like that we live in a small home, on a quiet little spot in the world. I like talking to someone I love without being in a hurry. I like reading my Bible in the morning before there is anything else I have to do.

Now, it should be said that I also love the busy-ness that is my day-to-day life and the richness that brings. I enjoy the run around and all the things I get to be a part of, but would I trade a busy, productive, fun week for one weekend of nothing-at-all to do? You bet I would! 

I think it all comes with this season of "cozy" that we are entering. When it gets dark at 4pm it's hard not to want to spend all the time in the world under a blanket getting warm and cuddled! But more than coziness, it's unhurried time with others that is truly what my heart craves. I read in a blog that "we truly open our hearts when we have unhurried time". Time not spent thinking about where we have to be next or what meal we need to prepare or...anything else. When we have that time, we can truly relax, let our guards down and connect.

And that time is what I'm most grateful for this week.

xox
All my love,
From

No comments:

Post a Comment